One carry-on piece of luggage
46 linear inches(115cm)
22 lb(10kg) 22lb(10kg)
One additional personal item
*An additional personal item, such as:
- Cameras or binoculars
- Camera tripod (may not exceed the maximum dimensions noted above)
- Children’s bags (diaper bags)
- Children’s care items, such as:
- Child safety seats
- Small collapsible stroller for babies (large strollers can be checked in at the Copa Airlines check-in counters to be transported as luggage in the cargo hold of the airplane)
- DVD players and cassette type video cameras (they must be removed from their cases and passed through the x-ray scanner before boarding
- Hand bags
- Laptop computers
- Portable breathing devices (they must be removed from their cases and passed through the x-ray scanner before boarding)
- Small items for personal entertainment
Copa Airlines allows for the storage, handling, and transportation of special aid devices for passengers with special needs, as long as the passenger depends on them. These aid devices may include, although are not limited to, the following:
- Orthopedic devices
- Wheel chairs and their batteries (in the case that they are used)
- Walking canes
Overweight baggage fee
33 kg – 45 kg (72 lb – 99 lb) – US$250.00 per bag
Oversized baggage fee
63 – 107 linear inches US$100 per bag
Additional baggage fee
- US$175 per bag
- No more than 2 additional bags will be allowed.
- Individual pieces over 32 kg (70 lb) and 62 linear inches are not allowed.
The following regulations apply to boxes, items that exceed size or weight limitations or are in excess of the baggage allowance during the periods indicated below
Between Brazil and United States- May 1st – May 31st.
From/to Brazil – July 1 to Aug.31 / Dec 1 –Feb 28
Copa Airlines will not transport pieces not covered by the allowed baggage policy, live registered animals in the cargo hold*, perishable food, overweight or oversized baggage, registered cases in the hold, packages or packaging of irregular shape
The information on this page is true and correct at the time of publication. Because airlines reserve the right to change policies at any time, please contact the airlines for official and up-to-date baggage restrictions.