One bag. One item. No charge.
We know, you’ve probably heard it before, but just in case you need a reminder: you’re allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item at no extra charge. Just make sure they fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Cram sessions are not pretty — and they slow things down.
So What Exactly Is Allowed?
Approved Personal Items
- 1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper bag
- or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked)
- or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed above
Additional Approved Items
The following items do not count as personal items (they’re freebies):
- A jacket or umbrella
- Food or drink purchased after clearing the security checkpoint
- Duty-free merchandise
- Special items like strollers, child restraint seats or assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches
Carry-on Size Restrictions
It won’t fit. Three words you don’t want to hear when trying to board. To avoid delays and possible checked bag fees, follow these size requirements:
- Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 115 cm) in combined length, width and height
- Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22″ x 14″ x 9″ or 56 x 36 x 23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters
- 1st piece – up to 62 dimensional inches and 70 lbs. for Brazil.
- 2nd piece – up to 62 dimensional inches and 70 lbs. for Brazil.
Passengers traveling on Delta Connection flights, and only those flights with fifty (50) seats or less, are only permitted to carry personal items on board the aircraft due to limited overhead space. Personal items must be able to fit securely under the seat in front of the passenger. All carry-on bags within Delta’s size restrictions will be gate checked, free of charge, during the boarding process and returned upon deplaning. Please ensure that a pink Gate Claim/Planeside tag is securely attached to the carry-on item. Assistive devices are not subject to this restriction.
Checked Bag Allowance
Passengers will be allowed to check at no charge a maximum of two pieces which must be within the size and weight limits as follows (dimensional measurements calculated by adding the length, width and height of an item):
Extra Baggage Fee
Bags 3-10: US$75.00* each
Overweight Baggage Fee
Bags weighing 71-100lbs – US$100.00
Oversized Baggage Fee:
US$100.00 for bags measuring 63–80 inches (161-203 cm) in combined length, width, and height.
Bags larger than 80 inches (203 cm), with the exception of specialty Items which may be up to 115 inches (292 cm), are not allowed.
The information on this page is true and correct at the time of publication. Because airlines reserve the right to change policies at any time, please contact the airlines for official and up-to-date baggage restrictions.